The Arlberg is the largest connected ski area in Austria. This unique mountain world is considered the cradle of alpine skiing.
A few superlatives – in terms of numbers:
- 88 lifts und cable cars.
- 305 kilometres ski slopes.
- 200 kilometres of high alpine deep snow descents.
- The Langer Zug ski run is one of the steepest groomed slopes in the world with an 80% gradient.
- ‘Run of Fame’ – probably the longest ski circuit in the world: from St. Anton via Zürs and Lech to Warth (85 kilometres and 18,000 vertical metres).
Whether beginner or professional, whether snowboarder or freerider – the Arlberg offers fun and challenge for all ages and abilities. Also: fun parks, giant slalom racetracks, speed checks, toboggan runs and much more.
Local buses and ski buses are free in the Arlberg region with your ski pass.
Cross-country skiing and winter hiking: A holiday in Lech is not only something for skiers. A walk through the snow-covered winter landscape will let you experience how beneficial silence can be.
We are happy to give you tips for routes and trails.
Lech in Winter – current events and tips
Child care at Kinderclub Lech:
In Kinderclub Lech the kids (3 to 4 ½ years) enjoy their first experience with skis.
Ski School Lech
One of the most traditional ski schools in the world – lessons for beginners and professionals.
Lech am Arlberg in summer is an experience for the senses. Lush mountain meadows and a wonderfully beautiful sky. Meadows and trees that are preparing for the winter with a bright show of colours in the autumn.
- Feel how benificially fresh mountain air affects your body and mind.
- Sleep with the window open.
- Enjoy life.
- Climb the summit.
The hiking trail network is well maintained and signposted. Hikers pass through alpine meadows, craggy rocks and sparkling mountain lakes on the varied paths.
Themed walks on the Arlberg:
- Lechweg: From the source of the Lech to the raging wild river.
- Tannberg: Hike into the past and experience the old Walser village, Bürstegg.
- Der Grüne Ring: Legends, myths and the modern. Stories about mysterious inhabitants and events.
- Trail running.
- Mountain biking.
- Pleasant walking paths.
Lech im Sommer – current events and tips – MY LECH CARD SUMMER CARD
Der Weisse Ring – The Trail Challenge